• Subject lines
• Email overwhelm
• Providing value
Sending an email without a response can be disheartening. You’re doing good to get 15-20% open rates. But what can you do if you’re not?
How to Send Marketing Emails Like a Pro
- Write a catchy subject line – Intrigue your audience with something catchy, interesting, and unique. Pique their interest so they want to open the email in the first place.
- Make it personal – Most email tools allow you to enter shortcodes that will be replaced with the recipient’s name when the email is sent out.
- Keep your emails out of spam folders – If your carefully constructed emails are flagged as spam, they’ll never get to your intended customer. Make sure recipients have opted in to your emails. Also, avoid using all caps, too many exclamation marks, and hyperbolic phrases (“TIME IS RUNNING OUT!!!!”). Poorly formatted HTML in your emails can also hurt how they’re handled. Every spam filter is different, so an email might pass through one filter but get flagged by another.
- Don’t overwhelm your subscribers –You don’t want to flood their inbox with marketing messages about everything you offer – they might get annoyed and unsubscribe.
- Provide value – Great email marketing ultimately comes down to giving your audience something that sticks with them. You don’t want to sell, sell, sell every time. Provide educational information about your industry, operational messages about your service, or marketing messages about the products you offer.
This is just the Beginning
Like most marketing efforts, becoming successful with email marketing is a process. Schedule a consultation with Advent Trinity to go over your next email campaign.